Back to top
PESO stands for Perfecting Software and is a research team for the INSO Group at the Vienna University of Technology
The research group Perfecting Software (PESO) deals with the study of quality management and testing of software systems in practice.
Special focus goes to the issues:
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- Test Process
- Test Planing & Control
- Test Analysis & Design
- Test Implementation & Execution
- Test Management
- Test Techniques
- Testing Levels, Targets and Objectives
- Standards & Test Improvement Process
- Test Tools & Automation
Major method applied is the empirical approach: investigation of engineering in industrial projects. PESO is a sub group of INSO, which is a research group hosted by the Institute of Automation at the Faculty of Informatics.
Based on science and experiences INSO seeks:
- to contribute to the international software testing research community through research projects and scientific publications,
- to be a reliable and independent scientific partner to software testing projects in Austrian and European industry,
- to provide a practically useful and competitive educational pattern for software testing students at the Vienna University of Technology.
You can find our current research topics on the Research Topics Page.